Monday, June 02, 2014

A Bump In The Road....

 I've been getting some good riding in the past 6 weeks or so. A nice mix of road and off road, and I've been feeling pretty good. This is a good thing with the couple of races I am going to squeeze in before shoulder surgery. I was even thinking about the new local, grass roots event in Brandywine, Ramsey's Revenge. We pre-rode the course a couple of weeks ago and I felt awesome, then we went back this week and it was the exact opposite.

 I think I probably just need some time off, but I only have 6 weeks left to ride before I am forced off the bike for 3 months. I want to get as much riding in as I can before then. I truly believe Saturday was just a bad day. But if you are anything like me, you are always thinking, "have I been doing too Much, am I not as fit as I thought I was, etc."

 If I did race it would be just a tune up, or training. I have a race later this month then one just before my surgery, and they are the important ones for me this year. There are a couple other factors, Ramsey's is fairly technical, between my shoulder and my not healed all the way knee, I found my self riding a little nervous, that is never a good thing. So I guess this just means I am a game time decision, I will see how this week goes and go from there.

 Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: