Monday, August 11, 2014

Finally Feel Like I Am Moving Forward....

 So, it has been 6 weeks since shoulder surgery and I have been able to lose the sling, which, after 48 days, it was a big relief. I am also able to use my right arm,  but it is very limited. I still can't shave or reach up for stuff, but there has been progress. Today was the start of physical therapy, which was also my easiest session. Re-habbing  my knee was cake compared to what I am in for the next couple months, but I am ready for the challenge and to get back to doing the things I love. I still have to be very patient and not do too much, easier said than done.

 I am hoping to be able to ride outside in a couple weeks, but I will leave that decision up to the therapist. In the mean time I will continue hiking and walking, or, I might even hop on the trainer despite my aversion to it. I am even anxious to get back to work, the boredom of being home all the time really sucks. Although the dogs are quite happy to have me home.


 Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: